As we continue to navigate these uncertain times, the safety and well-being of our customers and employees remains our top priority. To that end, even though we have been declared an essential business under the directives of the Governor of PA & NJ (death care industry), we are taking additional steps to help stop the spread of the coronavirus pandemic, while continuing to serve you with as minimal disruption as possible. Effective Friday, March 20, 2020, DeChristopher Bros. Inc., and it’s branch locations will:
- Adjustments to our branch locations, all locations will be closed to retail traffic to continue the practice of social distancing for the period designated by officials.
- Offer Essential Appointments, if you still find the need to meet in person, please contact the desired office either by phone or by using the contact form on the website to make arrangements.
- Mailing & Emailing, as always, we can continue to send any necessary documents to you through regular mail or electronically through email.
- Payment options, you can continue to send payments through the mail or if you’d prefer to use a credit or debit card, we ask that you email billing at email@example.com where payment options for debit or credit will be discussed with you.
- Delivery of completed memorials/completion of inscriptions, in the current environment, our industry is currently permitted to deliver and install completed memorials and complete inscriptions on existing memorials at the cemetery. As one might expect, with the suddenness of this incident and the ever changing updates, delays on these completions should be expected, we appreciate your understanding in this matter.
Putting the health of our customer and employees first, we strongly recommend using the resources on our website, to view various designs, sample colors, and other important information found throughout the site. Optionally, feel free to call; we would love to speak to you with any concerns or with any plans you would like to make. Again, if an appointment is still essential for you, please contact the office through our website contact form and a representative will assist you.
We are certainly living in extraordinary times, but we are confident of our family’s ability to care for your family’s needs as we all adapt to these temporary changes as we continue to deliver the level of service you deserve as our valued customer. We will continue to take proactive, educated actions with the needs, health and safety of all involved at the forefront of decisions being made.
We thank you for your patronage and we wish all wellness and safety; we all will weather this storm together and look forward to things getting back to normal soon.